Individual Board Member: A two year commitment is required.
• Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events.
• Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
• Make a personal financial contribution to the organization.
• Inform others about the organization.
• Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the
work of the board and the organization
• Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
• Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
• Refrain from making special requests of the staff.
• Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the
organization's annual financial statements.